So, I have been given the Liebster award by Rajathilagam who blogs at Aratrikaspeaks
My thanks to her for finding me worthy of this!
I have not heard of it before so I am just giving the definition I found in her blog.
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.
So, first things first.
Here are 11 Random Facts about me
- I am a dreamer. I dream a lot. Most of them are innocuous dreams, but some realistic ones occasionally scare and excite me.
- I am a reader. Have been since I was ten. I read many genres and most of my good friends are book nerds because that is how we bonded. I also edit books.
- I eat curd rice at least once a day. A day isn’t fulfilled until I get my hands on this.
- I cook really well. I had not entered the kitchen and occupied the counter by myself until I was 22. But since then, as per request, I began to cook for people I love and then began to love cooking as much as I love eating.
- I get worked up over the smallest of things but let some big things slide away unnoticed. My reactions are mostly based on my mood.
- I reveal only my surface layer to most people. Those who know me best are the ones who catch me in conversations after midnight.
- I collect bookmarks and keychains. Most of my birthday gifts are either books or these.
- I have never resold any mobile phone I have bought so far.
- I see writing as a way of expressing and altering reality and perceiving things from various points of view. There is no limit to how much and how far you can develop a single sentence prompt, as I recently learned.
- I love minions and chocolates.
- I am a partial arts expert. I seldom finish most things I start.
11 questions answered:
- When was your last vacation and where did you go?
I recently went to Kumbakonam, the native place of a cousin. My trips with him are always memorable. Since this one was for a traditional function, my memories are even more cherished. Thanks to the fun times and all the twenty something people in my family getting together, the three days were the best of this year so far.
2. When you are at a buffet would you try out all the desserts available?
I almost always respond with ‘You underestimate my power’ when faced with questions like these. I have a sweet tooth and WILL try all desserts on menu, provided they are vegetarian (not even egg allowed). You would think that will limit options, but no. The amount of vegetarian desserts is huge. So as long as the dish fits the bill, why not?
3. What is your best feature according to you?
My hair. It is unapologetically curly and I have carefully combed and tried to tame it since I started to hold the comb in my tiny hands. I have refused repeated requests from family and friends to have it straightened and I wear it proudly. And since the last three years, I have begun to like it even more, having seen a lot of straight haired people around. When people praise my hair, I blush with pride.
4. What would be your dream job?
Librarian. Or bookshop owner, provided I get to sit amidst books all day. There isn’t anything else I would rather do. Except maybe something more exotic like food taster where they pay me to eat vegetarian food in various places of interest.
5. What is your biggest fear?
That I will fall out of love for the things I love. I don’t usually desire many things, love fewer things and don’t ‘fall in love’ that easily. But I tend to be obsessive sometimes, so much so that I am my biggest enemy where such things are considered. I might fall out of love for the same reasons that made me fall in love with someone or something, and that thought scares me most of all.
6. What do you do on your spare time?
Read. I read a lot. Books have been my friends since I was in primary school. Other than reading, I cook, too. Not because it is required of me, but because like my mom, I love it. Not to mention the delicious dishes that we churn out as a team, the bonding time is something I look forward to.
7. All time favorite male and female celebrity?
Male celebrity – Isaignani Ilayaraja. No matter what my current feeling, I always listen to his songs. He creates magic and even as I write this, I am listening to one of his masterpieces.
Female celebrity – Joanne Kathleen Rowling. More than being an author, that woman is my inspiration, both for the way she handled her personal life and wrote words that inspired millions. If ever I publish my writings, I will always think of her and keep her as my inspiration.
8. Say you won 1 million rupees. What would be the first thing you do with it?
I will give it to my parents. As old school as this may sound, I would still do it. They are the reason I am what I am and everything good that ever happens to me is because of them. Of course I would then take bits and pieces of it away for my huge personal library. That is an entirely different issue!
9. The one fictional character you would like to date?
.Rubeus Hagrid. (Please don’t look up at my URL. That is not related to this, I swear 😛 ). Though I know the amount of ridicule this answer might invite, I feel that he is the most underappreciated character in the whole of the series. I love him for many things, the most predominant of them being – not holding a grudge against those who wronged him, not being a bitter old hag though he was expelled and all, being kind to monsters because he knows the pain of being a misunderstood outcast due to appearance and most importantly, sincerely caring for people without expecting anything in return. I could write pages about him. Ouch. I should NOT have said that! 😀
10. How do you brighten up a not so good day?
Music. It is a soul healer for me. If a day is going steadily downward, I listen to various playlists I create and maintain to suit my various moods. If possible, I read a personal favorite book. My day suddenly becomes much better.
11. If there is one advice you would give to your past self what would it be?
Nothing matters in the long run. Don’t stress yourself over every little insignificant thing. People are replaceable. Everyone is. Letting go off things at the right time matters more than holding on to things against will. Try to enjoy the little things in life and always, always go for a second opinion from someone you trust if you are confused or unsure. And yes. Love is beautiful. Feel it, embrace it and enjoy it – without thinking so much about if it will last. Fear ruins happiness.
And if I were to limit myself to one phrase – don’t do the same mistake as Edwin Eugene Aldrin Jr.
11 Questions asked
- Why do you blog? And why have you named your blog like you have?
- If you wanted to bring back a dead celebrity, who would it be and why?
- What was your favourite subject in school and what would you say to those who may not like it?
- If you could harness the power of one of the five fundamental elements of nature, what would you like to control and how and why?
- What is your favourite quote about life?
- How many languages do you know to write and is there any you want to learn?
- What superpower do you wish to have, and, yeah, you guessed it – why?
- Do you take personality quizzes online? How far do you believe them? Have any of them been true (accurate)?
- Of all the words you have written, which do you think received the best praise (according to you) and what would it be?
- What is the most memorable gift you have received so far? And what was the occasion?
- If you were to fight for one social cause, what would it be?
11 People I would award this:
Vinay Ravindranath @ I Rhyme without Reason
Shree Janani Sundararajan @ A l’ouest
Srilakshmi Indrasenan @ I am S(t)ri
Madhvi Kumar @ Shades of Grey
Bragadeesh Prasanna @ His Own Website.
Mahesh Lakshmanan @ Punarjanmam
Kavipriya Moorthy @ !Scribomaniac!
Uma Muruganandham @ Wannabe Humane
Shreya Sudesh @ Verve
Nanditha Hariharan @ Kaleidoscope of Life
Pavithraa Swaminathan @ Musings in the rain